The Monroe Arts Council, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is looking for an individual with a passion for the arts and a love of historic buildings to fill the position of onsite theater manager for the historic Wagner Performing Arts Center in downtown Monroe.
This is a paid part-time position. The ideal candidate would be available mainly evenings and some weekends as needed to support scheduled events.
Typical duties include…
- Escort prospective renters through the theater space on an appointment basis, acting as onsite representative for the Monroe Arts Council.
- Open and close the facility for performances and rehearsals.
- Work with performance groups and the Monroe Arts Council board to help resolve any issues.
- Provide tech support as needed for audio and lighting configuration.
- Assist with tech needs for performance setup and strike.
- Occasional light maintenance and cleaning.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of audio and lighting equipment and theater rigging.
- Familiarity with procedures involved in live performance production.
- Customer service experience.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to safely lift 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedule of 5-20 hours per week.
- Must be able to pass school district background check.
We would love to hear from you. Please email your professional resume to both of the addresses below: